Consultant Project Manager, British Standards Institution (BSI), Milton Keynes: 2013 – Present
- Sales pipeline development for OPEX programmes within BSI’s new Professional Services Division.
- Development, management and delivery of client programmes.
- Analysis and planning activities to determine new markets for business improvement products.
Project Manager, British Standards Institution (BSI), Milton Keynes: 2009 – 2013
- Facilitator of internal mapping activity focussed on improving BSI’s highest revenue value stream.
- Leader for strategic projects, including the development of a best practice account management model and the progression of a business improvement advisory concept towards BSI’s Lean Six Sigma consultancy offering.
- Training and coaching of internal Green Belts for process analysis and service stream improvement work.
- Continued role in the development and delivery of client business improvement programmes.
Business Improvement Manager, BSI, Milton Keynes: 2007 – 2009
- Development and delivery of Lean Six Sigma client programmes.
- Development of BSI’s Lean Training portfolio.
- Mentor & coach in improvement techniques to service & manufacturing based clients.
Senior Consultant, The Renault-Nissan Institute, Harefield: 2006 – 2007
- Sale, development, management and delivery of Lean Six Sigma training, coaching & facilitation programmes.
Industrial Lecturer (Six Sigma MBB), Smallpeice Enterprises, Leamington Spa: 2001 – 2006
- Course Leader for Lean Six Stigma
- Planning and development of Smallpeice business improvement products and belt certification model.
- Sale, development, management and delivery of training and coaching programmes.
Six Sigma Black Belt General Domestic Appliances (GE/Marconi), Blythe Bridge: 1999-2001
- Attained GE Certified Black Belt status whilst working as site Continuous Improvement Leader.
- Project achievements include £80K assembly line annual cost reduction and £120k uplift to ‘graded’ sales.
- GE Six Sigma trainer, course developer and ‘workout’ facilitator.
Senior / Higher Scientific Officer, DERA, Malvern: 1993-1999
- Project Controller responsible for the financial reporting of two product groups (turnover ~ £5M).
- Project Manager of various programmes including a departmental implementation of ISO9001, the development of an IP management system and DERA’s largest commercial research programme at the time, an award winning collaboration with SHARP (Japan).
- Research Leader for nine graduate/PhDs plus Electronic Sector’s largest university programme.
- Research/consultancy in liquid crystal technologies generating numerous patents & articles.
Post-doctoral Research Assistant, University of Hull, Hull: 1991-1993
- Design, synthesis and evaluation of novel materials (prizes awarded for academic work).